21 September 2008

Lord We Lift Your Name On High!

I had hiccups since yesterday morning. It came when I started coughing. It came quite late. I couldn't make it go no matter what I did. I drank so much water it was still there. I held my breath it came back after a while. Only when I nearly slept it disappeared. When I got up, once I coughed it started again.

Worse thing was I had promised katan to be back up singer. When he asked if I could sing before that evening, I said I still can. Who knows that hiccups came. I was quite worried about it and wanted to tell him that I couldn't make it but I was not able to tell. When we practiced till the last song I really couldn't sing.

Before the real thing I still had hiccups. I asked for Kok Ming's opinion. We both were afraid that I last minute pulled out will discouraged him ( well, not to say you are easily being discouraged or I'm important, it's sense of responsibility and support). In my heart, I prayed that God will take the hiccups away during that short period of time. When I breathed, I breathed very carefully. True enough, God took the hiccups away for that period of time. Then it came back again after that. Though I made a few mistakes as I wasn't very sure when to go in (sorry), still I was amazed by God. He could just answer prayer so quickly. Thank God for Bernice also that she was there to help! Great!

The hiccups stopped till I took the porridge. Phew! Today I still feel very dizzy but I'm joyous because I am VERY sure that God is with me. God make things happen and God is just so amazing. Indeed, when our hearts are focused on God no matter how good or bad the situation is, God will only make it better. LORD WE LIFT YOUR NAME ON HIGH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure whether you meant me in your post (about me being disappointed) but just want to tell you that I will never be disappointed by you. You have consistently encouraged me by your actions, support and your ministry. And again, even through you 'hiccup' problems, you still gave your best. Actually I am kinda sorry to have put this on you even when you are 'below par'. I guess giving our best is all that God is asking from us...and it was a very wonderful night of worship....thanks...