15 October 2008

Let Your Will Be Done

Oh man! What happened to the network? I couldn't upload Wan Keen's photos on the 26th Sept 2008! Sigh... I shall try again another time!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lately, my dad warned my mum for going to church and join the bible study group. He also went to church to check on her that Sunday. Hmm... When I heard about it from my mum, I became fearful and I've been praying for a gentle treatment from God. I'm really fearful and I do not know what to expect.

If my dad finds out that she's already a Christian, he will be mad! I really think that I'm not up to it. But God let me read John 11 today. A question that Jesus posted, it sounds like this: " I am the resurrection and the life, those who believe in me, eventhough they die like everyone else, will live again. They are given eternal life for believing in me and will never perish. Do you believe this?"

This chapter is about Jesus raised Lazarus from death. When Mary and Martha saw Jesus, they said the same thing. They said that if Jesus was with them, Lazarus would not have died. If you read the whole story, in fact Jesus already knew that Lazarus's sickness. He delayed His journey back to see him with a purpose. Jesus wanted to glorify God, because of God's will, He let his beloved friends grieved. That's why Jesus wept when He saw the 2 sisters and other people in sorrow.

Though he delayed His journey, He raised Lazarus from his "sleep". And everyone was happy and joy overflowed them. Same as today, God may delay our prayer no matter how desparate we are. We may need to go through sorrow, His will be done. He will only give the best to us. He will not forsake us when we believe in Him.

I don't really have faith but I choose to believe and know that I may have to go through some tough time with my mum, He will be glorified and my dad will be saved. Hmm... keep praying for us! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He will never forsake those who choose to believe and to follow Him... stay strong and faithful...will pray for you and mother