12 March 2009

My Heart Is Far From You

Mark 7: 6
He replied," Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 

This verse really struck me when my colleague was reading this passage.  The feeling was like being slapped on the face.  Oh well, yeah, I can tell people how great is God, how He had been and still blessing me, but viewing on my attitude toward things, people, relationships and work, truly, my heart is far from Him.  I have been doing things against His will.  I maybe ruining a bright and purposeful future that He has planned for me.  A lot of temptations came and still are coming my way.  I failed to keep myself away from those temptations.  Sigh... In short, keeping myself on the right path really is a struggle.  O God, help me flee from it.  


No comments: