24 June 2010

What Baggage Are You Carrying That You Do Not Want?



Do you feel like putting out a For Sale sign to rid yourself of baggage you no longer want, whether that be sins, personalities, quirks, annoyances, obligations, heartaches, or ineffective relationships? Be honest about what your "trash removal" wish would be. Today is the day to let go of anything you don't want, whether it is realistic or not-or whether having it in your life is your fault or not. One word of caution: You may not want to list today a cross that Jesus has asked you to bear; for example, being criticized for your faith. Or, if you are thinking of jettisoning something that God may actually want you to keep- your marriage vows, for instance- hold on. Don't be like Jonah in the Bible story that follows! Be sure you are in agreement with God about what you write. Let Him speak to you today about what He wants you to get rid of as soon as possible.

I read this this morning from my devotional materials. It was like speaking to me so much. I have been carrying baggages that I don't want and some baggages maybe what God wants me to continue carrying. This is really the right time for me to figure out what I should carry and what I shouldn't. Hope this will encourage some of you too.

God bless!

*Extracted from Praying For Purpose For Women.*

No comments: