10 August 2009

Those were the Days


This was one of the boys whom I had taught for 4 years in the Sunday class. How did it happen? I am not sure. Usually we will only teach each group for the most 2 years. Since they were standard 2 I was already their teacher. This group of boys were the most challenging ones for me as I was quite new, lazy and not resourceful during that time. Can you imagine they are now 13 years old. Hmm... I miss those days!

This boys is especially special because he acted like adult when he was standard 3. Every time he entered the classroom, he will sure give me a hand shake and then said "long time no see." I was quite afraid of him during that time because he is too friendly and warmth. He even felt unhappy when I had a hair cut those days.

A few of my friends and I brought them to Kledang Hill one day. We walked together and whenever we took pictures, he will sure stand either next to me or behind me. I was like trying to avoid him. I just did not feel comfortable about it. I told my partner about it and asked her to observed and she agreed with me. Maybe that was his way of showing preference.

They left me at 11 years old. They were promoted to another class. I miss them SO much. I was too used to their noises and their mischievousness. I loved them and I'm still loving them. I really hope that they will remember me.

No comments: