04 December 2009

Coincidence?

Finally, it's time to take a break. It's now 3.12 in the morning. I was trying to study as much as I can. Hmm...

I was chatting with a friend before I started doing my revision. This friend asked if I believe in coincidence or the One in Heaven pre- plans everything. I told him,"No, I don't believe in coincidence." He gave me a scenario like this. "If one day your car break down by the roadside and your friend passes by and stops to lend you a hand. Isn't that a coincidence?"

Still I said it's not a coincidence because at the end of the day I will surely thank God for providing me help. I may have prayed when I'm in such situation or if my friend is a Christian, he/ she may have prayed and asked God to use them in any way. Thus, it's very hard to judge whether it's a coincidence as we do not know the unknown.

Lately I am really stressed out by my studies. Exam is around the corner and I am not well prepared yet. On Wednesday, it was my turn to share something during our weekly devotion time. I struggled so much to pick a topic to share. I had nothing in mind even after I prayed. Until the very last minute, I simply picked one and shared. It wasn't fluent as I did not prepare. I just read from the book. However, my sharing was in lined with what one of my colleagues faced for the past few weeks. Was it a coincidence? I bet it wasn't because there was a real life experience to match with what God wanted to teach us. It wasn't a coincidence as I did pray for a topic. Though I picked it randomly.

Another example that I gave was blog. The authors of blogs will not know if their posts about their lives, interest and problem will impact anyone. Some of them write because of interest and the posts maybe updates for friends and family. However, when someone somewhere starts surfing for something and so happen this person from the other side of the world comes across the blog and it then leaves an impact on that someone or motivated that someone from the other side of the world. How do you explain this? This friend of mine experienced it himself. I bet everything happens for a reason. A reason that no one knows until the puzzle of life is done.

In my life, there is no such thing as coincidence because my everyday is a gift from God. There is this quote says "Today is a gift that's why it is called "PRESENT". The fact that I am able to wake up in the morning is already a miracle, a chance to live my life again, a chance to repent and a chance to contribute. Well, no doubt, it's another chance to make mistake too. Choose your day.

No comments: