29 November 2009

Live With A Thankful Heart

This morning as I woke up, I wasn't really prepared to go to church to worship. Last night, I spent much of my time changing and editing my blog skin and layout. Then I went back to my studies. I planned to study until very late at night as I do not have much time left. But my body couldn't take it.

Frankly, I found this subject that I'm studying is kinda hard to absorb. I'm currently studying Education Sociology and Philosophy in Malaysia. The module is like a history book to me. I've a lot to remember. I thought that I dislike this subject but in fact I like it much. Just that I dislike the history and so on. Few more days to exam week. Gosh! I'm not ready at all. Have not even started doing the past years questions. This is one of the worries that I'm having. Many times, I tried to run away from studying it and kept myself busy with other things. Like now. :P

Another problem is financial. Sigh... Next semester is coming soon which means I have to pay for the fees soon. It costs me Rm1560. I was kinda worry about it and also about the new house. The renovation is almost complete. Now the house is at furnishing stage. It's about money again. Thus, I woke this morning with all these worries and I was thinking if it's possible to have increment and I was thinking to get part time jobs which is so impossible as I am working and studying. I won't have time for that.

After my shower, I left the worries behind and went to church. I worshiped and I felt like crying. But I just couldn't. Not because I was sad over what I'm worrying about but I think I'm touched to be back in church standing in the midst of all brethren and having peace and strength to sing praises to Him. I am still alive and I am still still blessed with many things.

This thought was strengthened by the message that uncle William shared on the pulpit. He was sharing about his mission trip in Myanmar. Not long ago I went to Indonesia for a mission exposure. Like what uncle William said, we only see poverty in the outskirts. He said that Myanmar is different. They can see poverty right in the center of the city. I couldn't imagine how it is like. According to him, many of the people there are well- educated. Some of them are graduates but they have no choice but to do any jobs that are available there. All because of poverty. This really struck me. Few hours ago, I was thinking about increment. Few hours later I was told that these people are not doing jobs that they are suppose to do and they are not earning much. Graduates, none of the graduates here in Malaysia would want to be a mere book-seller by the roadside. We complain about our jobs, our colleagues, the bad treatment by our bosses and so on. We are not contented at all I bet. I am one of them. The fact that I questioned about charity workers' salary, I am not contented. I claimed that I am not a person who would work for money as I won't be happy when I am just working for money, am I really not bothered by the amount I'm getting? I wonder.

As for students, they complain about their school facilities, school teachers and all. What about the children in Myanmar? Some of them can't even afford to go to schools. Some of them can't even enjoy like how we can over here in Malaysia. Oh well, don't get me wrong. I know we all have different lifestyle and all of us have our own ideal life. It's not wrong at all. Just that I felt that we should not be too demanding in certain aspects of life. We should always be thankful and feel contented with what we have. This attitude will help us be less competitive. When we are less competitive, we would less likely become the slave of money. We will be more joyful as well. At least we do not need to beg for money like the poor children in Myanmar, right?

So, let us be thankful that we are still living comfortably here on earth. Let's remember those who are starving when have so much good food to enjoy; remember the homeless when we are resting peacefully at home; and enjoy our work when some people don't even have a chance to work. We have more than what we need, don't we?


No comments: