30 December 2007

He is in my Mind, I'll never Forget !

This morning after the first 2 songs, uncle Jerry, for the first time after 6 years in church, he came up to give thanks to the Lord for the blessings that he had received. Hmmm...He prayed for his wife, his children and he said "not forgetting Alan". Yeah, I've been thinking of him lately. Every year I'll think of him, some how.

People maybe wondering how i got to know him. Yeah, definitely not from church. I was not a Christian yet. We got to know each other through a Chinese Society Gathering. He was one of the members or one of the committee members, I'm not really sure. It was held at his school. Hmm... I still remember they sang a Chinese song for us, as in the guests. After some games, they started the Autograph thing. That was the most frightening session for me. WHY? I know it's stupid but i was really frightened. It was a bit dramatic as well. READ ON>>>

I was surrounded by guys, many, many guys. I went with friends and they left me alone i am not sure why (during the autograph session), maybe they were busy writing autographs. The guys wanted my names and contact. However, i did not give 'coz i was lazy to write. I just penned down my name and wishes.

After that i remember, there was another guy came to me for the same thing. I do not know how i left with him my contact number and address. May be he specifically asked for it. And... that was Alan Tan Kien Leong!

I still remember Chinese New Year was around the corner, I was helping my mum to get things done. And at 12 midnight sharp, my house phone rang. I was very young then. People always frightened me with all the ghost stories. That was why i did not dare to answer the call. So i asked my mum to answer it. AND...who knows...

IT WAS FOR ME!

I was puzzled! With the frown, i really wondered who would call me at this hour. It was 00:00 sharp!

It was Alan! I'm not sure of the reason he called me. All I knew was we became friends. On and off he will call me after that first call. BUT, there was a few months he did not call me which i felt some thing was not right. I tried calling him b'coz i was worried. Then, i got to know he was in Australia. After he came back, he called me. AND THAT WAS THE LAST CALL.

I read from newspaper that this guy met with an accident, died on the spot. I saw his photo. But i was not very sure if it was him because we met once only. That time i started my part time job. And Celine was from his church. She mentioned to me about his death. I did not know it was him. After the second day i finally confirmed, it was HIM!!! I grieved for some time. I started joining the Sunday School trip to the zoo. Since then, i started going to church.

His death brought me to church indirectly. I'll never forget him. He was the most unique friend of mine!!! yeah, uncle Jerry, I'm sure he is very joyful in heaven now! I'm sure!!! We will see him there, sure we will!

1 comment:

jenneh said...

thank you Wan Wai. your post brought back a lot of fond memories of Alan :) im sure he's in a better place now.