26 January 2008

Cloverfield

Yeah, I just came back from movie-- Cloverfield. Yeah, I know what everyone is gonna say about it,"It'll make you sea sick!" Well, kinda agree.

You'll be surprised that I kind of like it. Yeah, the way of filming it is one thing. I like it because it provoked my thinking. I asked myself a lot of questions when I was watching it. You know, there is this guy called Robert Hawkins. He had an argument with the girl he loved during his farewell party. That girl left and not long after that the disaster started. Everyone was trying to flee but this guy, Rob was worried about his girl. He called her while racing towards the bridge. That was when his brother, Jason died.

After knowing that this girl, Beth was trapped at home. He decided to return to save her. His pals were trying to persuade him to move on but he did not want to listen and he told his pals that they will not be able to stop him. And his pals decided to go with him. During their journey back, they were attacked by that monster. One of the gals got bitten. When they reached a building, that gal died suddenly. They did not even have time to think what was going on. Isn't life is like that?

I was thinking, if I'm Rob, would i still go back to save Beth, and risk the lives of my friends. I really do not know what would I do. Hmm.. another question i asked myself was, "Would I be able to hold the camera in such situation!" Goodness, Hud did it. Would there be such person like Hud on earth?! ( Well, he died at the end).

At the end, Rob and Beth also died. Hmm..sure enough, Rob had true friends who would risk their lives for him. Then I asked myself," Do I have such friends on earth? And would i be a friend like that for some one?" Hmm... This is really interesting for me!

No comments: