20 February 2008

Onionize and De- onionize

I wanted to post this post during Valentine's Day. However, I couldn't because I must keep this until the end of today. Tomorrow is the last day of CNY. Yeah, it's Chinese Valentine's Day. Em...What happened during Valentine's Day at my work place?

I onionize a colleague's hand. I started off by asking him,"Are you a good guy? Are you kind?" Then he was blurred. He was too humble. He dared not say he is good or kind. Haha... Then I asked," can you do me a favor?" I refused to tell him what I wanted him to help. He kept asking what's it and kind of worrying that I may harm him or something. Then I continued," Can I borrow your hand?" Of course he was still asking what I was trying to do with his hand.

After a few minutes I finally got him to be onionize. So I started using the onion to rub on the back of his hand. Then, he being playful and kind of want to revenge or make a fool, he tried to rub it back on mine. But I manage to avoid it. I was having a tub of water and a bottle of essence oil. But he did not know what is that bottle of thing for. He tried to grabbed it from me too. ut he failed, of course. He kept making noise.

After finished onionizing. He was required to soak his hand in the water then dry it, this step was supposed to be repeated for 6 times. Then for the 7th time, he was required to soak his hand in the water and used the bowl of the spoon to wash his hand so that the smell will be taken away. After that I de- onionized his hand with the essence oil.

My intension was to have some fun at the work place after the long break. And I wanted this and the message behind it as a gift of Valentine's Day for him. My sister was with us, we had this during our lunch time.

The story behind this was a man called Naaman with leprosy. He was looking for help to heal his leprosy. A servant girl told him about the prophet, that is Elisha. So he went to look for this prophet but Elisha did not want to see him. He just sent his servant and told Naaman to wash himself seven times in the Jordan River. The first 6 times nothing happened, but after the 7th time, he was healed. He obeyed God though it sounded ridiculous. *My young colleague was not quite obedient (to me), haha* He was thinking that I may trick him* haha...

I called his name and said,"......Let God be in charge of your and do things according to his way." Also said, when you smell this essence oil remember the sweetness of obeying God.

After that day I already planned to do this on another young brother, a cute but serious brother. haha... This was as a Chinese Valentine's Day gift also. He is quite obedient and willingly to let me manipulate. Haha... and the other colleague was to smell his hand. Haha... I also found it funny. I mean, the guy who was being onionized before did not know why he had to help me smell his hand. haha... That's funny. After that my senior came to see what we were doing. Then I forgot what happened that we laughed like mad. Then I de- onionized his hands and then he left for horse riding. Told him about the story behind and asked him to let God take charge of his life and do things in his will as well.

I just think that this maybe a special gift. We had fun and I hope this message will sink deep in their hearts! This is one of the activity for the CHC. Did you guys had fun? Haha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.. it's quite fun geh.. interestingl.. a memorable "gift" in such a special way that only u can think of ni.. hahahha.... =P

oneway said...

it doesn't seem fun to you haha... you were quite restless but u were very cute when you washed your hand. Like an obedient kid only. haha... but in fact expected that response from u geh
haha

Anonymous said...

wah... expected from me ah.. hahah... i'm not so obedient ga.. hehe...