31 August 2008

DreamZzz...

Last night I had a dream. It was like a drama style which involved people that I know. Sad thing is I forgot who were they and what issue were they dealing with. When my alarm rang, I got up with an impression like this:

What if your parents are not your parents?
What if your siblings are not yours?
What if your wife/ husband is not your wife/ husband?
What if your work is not gonna be yours anymore?
What if your friends all leave you?
What if...my world falls apart?
*Heh, sounds familiar I know, but it's appropriate for me to use it here eh!*

I really do not know what had happened in my dream that I had this impression. Well, it's OK. This is good because this brought me back to the issue of WHAT IS YOUR IDENTITY? and WHO ARE YOU?
I used to hate these questions because I found it hard to answer. Many times, I was asked these questions. Many of us do not know our identity, well maybe I can tell people that I'm who and who's friend/ daughter/sister. I can also tell where I'm working and what is my nature of work. I can tell them about my interests and my general background. Oh well, these show who I am, no doubt.

When I think deeply, these are only part of me. People find out who I am seeing the way I portray myself, the way I work. They start to find out more about me. They start to see my strength and my weakness. This is what people see. For myself, I would say that I'm a lost soul before I know Christ. I seriously did not know where and what I'll be heading to. Am I here on earth just to fill the space? I don't want to be here just to fill up the space.

Right now, even if I may not know what will happen to me 5 years down the road, I'm secured because I know that God will show me the way and help me when I'm standing at the crossroad. My purpose of life is described in Matthew 28:18- 20. It's about the great commission. Am I doing it? When the Lord shows me, I'll do it. And I'll not be able to do it when I'm overcome by fear!

How would I answer these questions? Frankly, I still do not have a straight forward answer. But I know that I live for a purpose and I am more than a conqueror. * I'm stuck with this quote after the Sunday School Training Workshop *wink* I belong to God even when my world falls apart, He stands forever and ever!

2 comments:

$voG said...

The Lord is my helper,i will not be afraid. what can man do to me?
i can do everything through him who gives me strength..
GOD WILL MAKE AWAY!!!

oneway said...

Tq