01 November 2008

Study Again Soon?

I've been thinking of going back to study soon. I really hope I'll be able to do it. I hope I'll be able to cope with work and studies. I also hope that God will provide me with financial needs and wisdom and course mates that are helpful and encouraging.

My case is a bit different from my friends. I did not go into Form 6 in order to get myself into local universities. Instead, I chose a tough road which I realised it only now. I was too naive then that I did not know how to plan for my future. While I was waiting for my SPM result, I found a job at New Horizons Society which serves Special Children from age 0 to 6 years old. Before that I was actually looking for a job which is similar to NH work, it was also about children. However, during school holidays, no kindergartens are opened. So I cancelled the plan. My mum encouraged to try our New Horizons which Wan Keen was attending then. So, after the interview, I started my work. But during those time, I was having a lot of trips and other gatherings with friends. So I took a lot of leaves. Hehe...

After I got my result, I discussed with my "boss", I couldn't remember our conversation, and how she introduced an Early Childhood Education course to me. It was a Diploma course and yes, I took it up. The center sponsored me and my mum did not need to spend a single penny on me since then. I wasn't a Christian then. But it is a Christian Organisation. Weird enough, the committees were willing to send me :) My course started in May that year if I'm not mistaken. I was converted in July and I started my relationship with Kok Ming in August. My life suddenly changed. It was during that time I learned a lot of things. A lot of problems came to my life that changed me.

I worked and studied for 2 years and then I went to Singapore to attend a WeCan Conference and visited a few organisations in Singapore. I'm not sure but maybe I stopped studying for a year and I continued another course at USM Penang. I enjoyed the course very much as I love Penang and I had a few non- Chinese buddies there. I stopped another year then only attended the second level of the Special Education course. Again I enjoyed myself there and I had a few non- Chinese buddies again.

Until now I stopped studying for 2 years already. I cannot apply for local universities as I did not sit for STPM. The USM course was supposed to be a bridge for me to get into it. Now I heard that they do not have Special Education there anymore. There goes my USM. Early of this year, I had been looking for open "doors" or "windows". I've not stopped praying about it as well. Some how, I found a place which would accept me, that is OUM (Open University Malaysia). I went to the Edu Fair with my sis and took the information that I need. I started to read their website. I do not want to get any diplomas, I wanna go straight to a degree course but some how, the course that I took last time is not recognised by MCQ, formerly known as LAN. I got worried and bugged Kok Ming to go to their center with me.

I recognised it as God answered prayer because He give a way out for me in order to study Special Education. I doubted because my certificates are not recognised by MCQ. Sigh... Finally we went to confirm about it and the officer said I just need a recommendation from my "boss" and my SPM. I really hope that this is from God but not my own because I want it. If it's from God, I do not have to be afraid of anything. He will surely lay my path straight. Hmm... If it's from myself, I'll strive hard!

I need 5 years to complete, then only can get what I wanted. By then, I'm not sure I'll have the energy to study. It's tough really! But the good thing is, I've a God to depend to.

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.

No comments: