28 December 2007

I'm so happy to meet them AGAIN !

We departed 3 years ago. We were coursemates and we were group mates. Today they came to Ipoh to help their home kids to find college. Hmmm...That's why Shan called me. Hahaha...He called to ask for the direction to the airport. Guess he does not know that I always "sesat" even in Ipoh itself. I don't know the exact location. Hahaha...

Huh, this reminded me of the yellow tag saying,"Don't follow me, i'm lost too!" Vincent, you still have not got it for me wor. (j/k)


There were 6 of them. Aunt Maria, Uncle Edmund, Uncle Bala, Shan...and a few home kids, 2 gals and 2 guys. By the way, they are from Kulim and they are the person in charged of Sunshine Home- a home for children with broken families.

I met up with them at Ipoh Parade food court. At first i sat with Aunt Maria, uncle Ed, uncle Bala and his son. However i was shooed off to another table where Shan and another boy were sitting. I chatted with Shan. We asked about each other's life and updating each other. The other guy who was sitting with us was very shy. He looked at me but when i looked back at him he turned away and laughed. When i smiled to him he laughed again. hahaha...He was really cute. So i kept disturbing him. He kept laughing. He is only 17 years old. Next year he will be going to KDU to study.

After chatting for almost 1 hour. They were ready to leave. We parked our car at the same level. Some of them wanted to go wash room so the others waited outside. While i was waiting with them, some of the people at the food court gave me strange stares. I know what they were thinking. They wondered why a Chinese gal was in the Indian group. Oh ya, by the way, they are all Indians. Hahaha...When i visited them in Kulim, I got the same kinda stares 3 years ago. I already used to it. I love their company. I like to be friend with them.

I'm so happy to meet them after 3 years. i want to make a trip there to visit them. They are Christians too. I went to their church last time. A Tamil church, right! I was very outstanding of course, i was the only Chinese there! Was i afraid? Not at all! We are from the same family though our skin colour is different.

Shan is a very committed worker at the Home. He is the driver, the tutor, the counsellor, and the admin stuff. He stays with the teenagers and the kids there. His home is in Sungai Petani. He is only 2 years older than me. He does not really have salary. Hopefully their lives will get better after registered as an NGO. I really admire his commitment and the heart for the work. How many young people will be able to do this?!

They said they are planning a trip to somewhere to have a break next year. Aunt Maria said she will count me in. Yeah, i wanna join their outing! I wanna fellowship with them! Frankly, i love them!

I treasure them..Aunt Maria and uncle Ed are not young anymore. I really pray that they will stay well! I'll keep them in my prayer. I know for sure, Shan will not be able to take it if there's anything happen to them. Pray for Shan's family as well. They still have not found the Lord. Pray that through Shan's testimony, they will come to the Lord.

Guys, see y'all next year!

No comments: