24 May 2008

A Tribute

This is obviously Cikgu Jervin/ Cikgu Abang. That's how some of the kids called him. Hehe...
He was the rose among the thorns because he was the only guy at the center (Pengkalan center). Kids loved him so much, boys and gals. Well, especially gals! He loved 2 gals most too. One is Hui Yin and the other is Jing Joey. And all of us love him very much too.

This is our overall schedule for the sessions. We have our pictures there to help the students know which teacher in charge of the activities. My sister and Jervin will always paired with a senior teacher. 3 senior teachers and all of us rotate. So they will pair with different teachers every two weeks. I'm gonna miss his presence so much :)

He was my support through out the 5 months. Especially when came to my sister's problem for the past months. We even tried to break the chain of the teachers in both centers and we had great fun! haha... At least I had fun! Hmm...



This was his seat. He had been sitting there for 5 months and always in the morning, he came into the office silently. Many times I did not even notice he arrived. And always after I realized I'll smile to him and he will burst out laughing many times or he would give me a smile in return with one kind of look. I do not understand why. Maybe he felt that I was tricking him.





Hmmm... Yeah my sis sat next to him and some times they did not talk to each other whole day and some times they talked non- stop and laughed like mad. And very often I turned to their table and chatted with them. Their table is always messy. Look what my sis was doing? Curi tulang! But actually she was peeping. Oh yes, Jervin always stared at the files. He said he was imagining how to teach the particular child. Haha... He can look at the file for 10 minutes then walked out to the hall, then looked into the file again. haha... My sis will always sing out loud. Not sure if Jervin felt annoyed at times.


Friday was his last day serving the kids. He went outside to take pictures of the theme wall and the surroundings. Haha... There he was standing near the hall shooting some pictures of the theme wall. hmm... he's gonna miss the center I bet. And the kids and US of course! He did not know that I took this picture I guess as he admitted that he is not observant. Hahaha...





Then he came back in giving me one kinda look again. Haha... Aiya, should have taken one when he was in the toilet. Haha... He was very annoyed whenever I said that. When he was in the toilet, we can actually see his head because the window of the Gents is low. He was wondering why I was holding up my phone. I did not give him any respond and he looked behind to see what I was capturing. haha... Silly!
I know, he gave me that kind of look was because of the past experiences. Haha... You'll see why!



After he left, his chair will be empty. Hmm... So sad to see and to know that! Hey, thanks for coming back on Thursday and Friday! You spiced up my birthday surprised!






This is what I had made for him. This was planned since March or maybe February. I did not know how I came out with this idea. But I was quite sure that he will love this gift! So I started shooting his pictures whenever I've a chance to. He was annoyed by me because I did not tell him the reason. I even asked Lap Foong to help me with this but he discovered every time. I even shot from the rear mirror of my car if you can noticed. His car was behind mine. He noticed too when I did that. haha... Quite observant though. Whenever he asked me the reason I'll tell him that I need those to make an advertisement which is a very important thing. Haha... Then he showed me an annoyed face again. At the lower corner on the right was a teaching aid, it's called Uncle Bobby. They, as in my sis and Jervin used blue tag to made some disgusting stuff on it's face. Hahaha...



This was the first time he washed his own dishes in the center. Why? I was actually not sure because from the first time he brought his lunch with those containers I already asked him why not wash here. He said he'll bring it back to wash. Then I asked if he's using Diamond Energy Water at home to wash things, he said no. And finally, last month when Michelle asked he said mum washed for him and Michelle teased him and maybe he felt guilty of making his mum work, he washed it by HIMSELF in the center. And I captured this. He was shocked and blur!
Look at him, so funny! haha...His friends laughed at this picture!





This was when he was doing Language. Great experience huh? I hate this most. Not my area! Gotta present different stories or language kinda thing in front of the mums. And many times the class will be very noisy. And your voice will go rough after language time. You gotta sing louder, above the noise. Talking about singing, Jervin and I often couldn't find harmony in our singing. When I sang, he gotta sing higher key. When he did that, his voice sounded like a gal. And when he sang, I gotta sing higher til I couldn't reach. Argh! but at the end of the day, we finally made it! God is great!



The time was near, we started taking pictures with each other. All these are precious moments! We truly treasure the time that we spent together. And soon my sister will leave! SAD! Notice or not, Jervin always wears white. He actually always wore red, white and black to work. haha... His favorite colours, says he.


My sister captured this. haha... Hey, brother, you are getting thinner and thinner. Sigh... So sad to see you like that. Eat the right portion ok? 3 Hashbrowns for lunch? Man, it definitely wont be enough for you. Not even enough for me! Hmm... Maggi mee twice a week? Hmmm... And you ate 2 packets of maggi mee and 1 packet of Nasi Lemak that day! When I was looking at how you ate, I wanted to vomit. And that day we had cakes and other food before lunch 'coz of the teacher's day celebration! And during lunch you took cakes as well and evening, cakes again! And night cake again! Take care of yourself ya! Your body is the temple of God oh! I know I sounded like a hypocrite! I'm trying to take care of mine. heh!





I'm being UNCV here. UNCV is our abbreviation for UNCIVILIZED. haha... His IC. My sis captured this not me! Look for her if anything ok? I'm not that free OK?








This was his last project. It was for Kenny! Hmm...Our difficult case! Sigh!
Look at him, he was so stressed out! Man, without you guys on Wednesday, it's gonna be very quiet!










Jervin at work! Very focus and serious unless I disturb him. hahaha... Celine also stressed out looking at his project! haha...





This is a post for you. Thank you for being such a supportive and caring brother in Christ and a very obedient and patient colleague. Thank you for sharing some of my burdens. Haha... I learned a lot from you too. Like the way you shared during our devotion. Your bilingual sharing was really good! Just that you may need to add something about yourself then it will be perfect! haha... Ah... we called you pastor Jervin huh? haha...and you did not like it!

Hey, you spiced up the lives of the kids and you provided them the love that was and is from the bottom of your heart. I can see that you enjoyed them as well. Hope you gain much from this exposure! We are really living by the grace of God that we are physically and mentally complete. We are made for a reason and the kids too. Without them, the parents would not have a chance to have contact with our dear God!

Cheer up! May our presence be a blessing to everyone around us. Keep shining! AND keep trying! I saw your effort and you are doing great! Keep it up! And I wanna leave with you 2 verses that are 1 Corinthians 10:13 and John 16:33. JIA YOU! Praying for you!

No comments: