18 January 2008

Emotional buttons

Lately many things that happened reminded me of my old self. Last time, I used to be very moody. Whenever i saw things that I disliked or knowing that people telling lies and I couldn't do anything about it I'll became very unhappy. When people talked to me, I may just ignore or entertained them briefly. My kind of mood can actually make the situation even worse. I did not realized it until people kept telling me about it.

Now i finally understand how people suffered when I displayed this kinda mood. I was letting others to push my emotional buttons.

I am the only person who has the right to push my emotional buttons and you are too. We are the owner and we have the responsibility to fix our own setting. I think we shouldn't let others press that button and we can't simply press that button too. How? Many times we tend to dwell in negative thoughts. That is when we pressed it wrongly. We should press the fast forward button. Or rewind to incidents that God has helped us through. Then fast forward again to reflect and ask ourselves, what does God want me to learn from certain incident? (This is one of the points during devotion on Wednesday).


HMM...we must really handle the BUTTON well. It's dangerous. Anything can happen to us and to people around us if we fix the wrong setting...

No comments: