15 September 2008

Recently, almost every Tuesday and every Friday I cannot finish my work. Almost every Tuesday and Friday I off work late because one of the mothers was "bugging" me. She needs listening ears and she needs comfort. Before I know that her problem is such serious to her that she broke down in front of me, I was just entertaining her as she always rushes me for the visual cards which I couldn't get it done for her that soon. I just thought that it's another Q and A thing.

Sigh...

She often asked very general questions which I answered her very quickly. Then i quickly finished my work so that I do not have to bring it back home or leave it for another week. That day she broke down suddenly because her son's headmistress refused to let her son to go to K1. Her son is already 5years old and the headmistress wants to keep him in nursery. But his academic skill is much better than quite a lot of normal kids. She was very upset over this and she broke down twice.

There's another child. She has been very "naughty". She kept disturbing people around her and she is very disobedient. Some where is wrong in her life i know. Maybe it's because life without father and life without peers at home that make her attention seeking. Her mother looked very down today and she called me up before I went meeting just now. She asked if I saw any whip mark on her daughter's leg.

She already changed a few schools. It's sad that her mum decided not to let her go school so often as the teachers did not teach in class. They always stay in the TV room. Sigh... Sad!!! It's a tough journey for the special kids. The society rejects them. Even their family members reject them. Parents striving to get them involved but people are trying to segregate them. One side pulls and the other side also pulls. The battle is really not easy!

Wake Up my world!

4 comments:

$voG said...

IS IT JUn Yin ar...?

$voG said...

luckily i m back on time to see wan keen receive the price... haha.. she must be very happi!!

oneway said...

Expecting you to go but you gotta go to center to help on that day wor. Because I'll be in a hurry so can't send you home.

Come to help on 29th and 30th also ya! Hehehe...

$voG said...

expected liao la..
i oso wish to visit the children..
see got progression anot... hahaha..